High Performance Group
Providing a national team-level training environment for Chicago’s top rowing talent.
The High Performance Group is an affordable solution for world-class athletes in pursuit of national and international opportunities. Athletes will train for National Team-qualifying and trials regattas, receive fundraising assistance for international competition, and have access to the boat club’s best coaching and equipment.
To qualify for HPG’s full benefits, athletes must meet racing class-based ergometer benchmarks
This program serves to support Chicago’s top rowing talent in their pursuit of national and international success. The aim of this program is to offer an elite training environment in the city of Chicago.
Lincoln Park Boat Club may provide athletes who qualify for the High Performance Group with the following support:
- Club membership at partially or fully subsidized rates;
- Assistance with travel to and from National Team qualifying regattas;
- Assistance raising funds for international competition;
- Coaching and training; and
HPG athletes will:
- Have long-term goals to compete at the World Championships, and short-term plans to race at USRowing National Selection Regattas and National Team Trials.
- Be committed to competing under LPBC’s banner at USRowing Club or Elite Nationals.
To qualify for support as an HPG Athlete, rowers must meet the following erg standards:
- Lightweight Women (130 lbs max): 7:30
- Open Women: 7:10
- Lightweight Men (160 lbs max): 6:30
- Open Men: 6:10
Athletes not meeting the above time standards may train and compete within the HPG system, but would not be eligible for financial support from LPBC.
If you’re interested in learning more about our HPG option, please email Head Coach Trish Brubaker at firstname.lastname@example.org