Rack space for boats/paddleboards in the Lincoln Park Boat Club (LPBC) Boathouse is limited and in high demand. Only boats/paddleboards that are used regularly throughout the entire season are awarded access to rack space in the LPBC Boat House.
In order to keep our boathouse clean and because of space constraints, members are not permitted to store personal items outside of approved boats/paddleboards and oars/paddles. Other items, like toolboxes, boat covers not on boats, PFDs, etc. are not permitted to be kept in the boathouse.
- Only LPBC members can store boats/paddleboards in the Lincoln Park Boat House
- LPBC members with boats/paddleboards stored in the Lincoln Park Boat House must row/paddle a minimum of 2 times per week from April/May through October/November (weather dependent) to be guaranteed watercraft storage space in the upcoming year
- An LPBC member is allowed boats/paddleboards storage for one 1x and/or one 2x shell in the LPBC Boat House
- If a LPBC member has one 1x and one 2x shell stored in the LPBC Boat House at the same time, both shells must meet the requirements of the above stated policy
- If the LPBC member does not meet the requirements of this policy and there are LPBC members on the waitlist for a boats/paddleboard space, the LPBC member with the least number of row/paddles will be asked to remove their boats/paddleboards at the end of the season to accommodate the wait list
- If LPBC purchases a new watercraft for LPBC, the club takes priority over the wait-list
- If LPBC purchases a new watercraft and there is not a waitlist, the member with the least number of row/paddles and does not meet the storage policy requirements of 2 times per week will be asked to remove their watercraft
- Any associate who stores a watercraft in the Lincoln Park Boat House is required to carry his/her own insurance. Each associate who stores a privately owned watercraft in the LPBC Boat House must provide a copy of their insurance policy indicating liability coverage. A copy of the policy will be kept with the Facilities Director records, will be enforced and must be renewed annually to store watercraft in the LPBC Boat House. If an associate chooses not to get liability insurance and/or provide a copy of the insurance policy, the associate will be given notice to remove his/her boat from the LPBC property within 2 days.
Listed below, please find several suggestions to assist those who may need to obtain liability insurance:
Leonard Insurance Group
2103 East Darby Rd. Havertown, PA 19083
Mariner Insurance Group
325 Chestnut St, Ste 916 Philadelphia PA 19106
121 Pulaski Road
Kings Park, NY 11754
NOTE: Please check your homeowners insurance which might also provide coverage.