Lincoln Park Boat Club engages in community outreach to share the joys, benefits, and challenges of a variety of water sports: rowing, kayaking, canoeing, and stand-up paddle boarding.
We are privileged to offer young people, athletes with adaptive needs, and all others within the Chicago community, the opportunity to learn and practice these skills within the unique protective environment of the Lincoln Park Lagoon.
In our 2016 season, more than 150 kids and teens were able to enjoy water sports through the following LPBC programs:
- Shirley Ryan Ability Lab Summer Boating Camp (formerly Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago) for teens
- Camp Sign Crew – a partnership with the Chicago Park District to introduce deaf and hard of hearing kids and teens to water sports
- Open Boats – a partnership with the Chicago Park District to introduce Chicago youth to water sports
- Lincoln Park Boat Club’s own juniors/youth boating program which targets children aged 8-17
- Access Chicago, a biannual event hosted by the Mayor’s Office for People with Disabilities, is a showcase of resources and support networks for individuals and families with disabilities
- LPBC teamed up with Chicago Indoor Rowing Championships (CIRC) to introduce kids and adults to the sport of rowing via the indoor rowing machine
Help us bring rowing and paddling to the Chicago community
Please contact the LPBC Outreach Committee at email@example.com to propose additional events and partnerships.
Thank you for your support of LPBC and our surrounding community!
Open Days: Learn to Row and Paddle with LPBC
LPBC celebrates National Learn to Row Day and Learn to Paddle Day by offering free introductions to rowing and stand-up paddleboarding for beginners interested in learning more about the sports.
Learn to Row Day and Learn to Paddle Day are held each year in early June and give LPBC the opportunity to open our doors to the greater Chicago community.
LPBC is committed to making our programs and services available to all in the Chicago metropolitan community.
Financial support is available in cases of hardship. Applications for support can be made via the LPBC Outreach committee.